As a caregiver, it is crucial to take care of yourself and be in a healthy & positive mindset. However, it can be difficult to find the motivation to care for someone when they might not show their appreciation or not be cooperative with you. If you are feeling down, isolated, or frustrated, do not let negative thoughts get to you. Affirmations can be one tool you can use to change your mindset from negative to positive.
Affirmations are phrases that you will say to yourself to inspire you, motivate you, and increase your self-esteem.
Positive affirmations help you create more of an optimistic mindset and minimize the effect of negative feelings. Affirmations are proven to reduce overall stress and restructure your neural pathways to be more positive. As you repeat and tell yourself affirmations, you visualize and empower yourself to take on whatever comes your way.
Here we put together 20 positive short and sweet affirmations to boost your confidence:
- I am doing my best and I am proud of myself
- I will give myself the care and attention I need to thrive
- I will stay positive and work on one problem at a time
- I am not “just” a caregiver
- I will find joy in the everyday day moments of life
- I will not compare myself or my life with people on the internet or social media
- I believe in myself and my abilities
- I can do anything but not everything
- I will do something for me today
- I will focus on things that I can control
- I am my parent’s best caregiver
- I am in control of my thoughts, feelings, and choices
- I am not alone in my struggles
- This is tough but so am I
- I can do small things with great love
- The simple act of caring is heroic
- I am not sure how but I will
- I am stronger because of my struggles
- I don’t have to be perfect to be amazing
- I am courageous and graceful